1. Carlos Alberto (Brazil's captain, 1970 World Cup):
We felt very good before the tournament. Pele was saying that we were going to win, and if Pele was saying that, then we were going to win the World Cup.
2. Tarcisio Burgnich (Italian defender in the 1970 World Cup Final):
Before the match, I told myself that Pele was just flesh and bones like the rest of us. Later I realised I'd been wrong.
3. Willem van Hanegem (After the match Netherlands-West Germany 1-2, 1974 World Cup):
4. Maradona (For the Hand of God goal against England in 1986 World Cup):
I didn't give a damn as long as we humiliated them. They murdered my father, sister and two brothers. I am full of angst. I hate them.
The goal was scored a little with the head of Maradona and a little with the hand of God.
5. Sir Bobby Robson (After playing with Cameroon at the 1990 World Cup):
We didn’t underestimate them but they were a lot better than we thought.
6. Miroslav Blazevic (Croatian coach after his team defeated Germany, 1998 World Cup):
I told the players, if you win this match you will be world champions.
7. Ronaldo (After winning 2002 World Cup):
I'm sure sex wouldn't be so rewarding as this World Cup. It's not that sex isn't good but the World Cup is every four years and sex is not.8. David Beckham (Explaining difference between English and Spanish customs, 2006 World Cup):
Before the Paraguay game we’ll all shake hands. At Madrid we all kiss each other before we go out. Against Jamaica, Aaron Lennon was waiting to replace me and as I approached I reached forward to kiss him, but then thought "no, better not".9. Roque Santa Cruz (Paraguay striker, 2006 World Cup):
Maybe if it rains England can win the World Cup!10. Lars Lagerback (Sweden coach after the match with Trinidad and Tobago 0-0, 2006 World Cup):
We played a really good game.